What about me?

My photo
I'm just a teenager with game problems and I'm creating the blog of my life. Not only that, I got tons of cool things to share and JUST WANT TO TELL YOU STUFF.Please support me by reading my posts, for I put in effort and try to improve my content and overall language progressively, post by post. :) YOUTUBE:http://www.youtube.com/user/Garfield1234able FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/bryan.l.jun?ref=tn_tnmn

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Going On Tilt: A Mind-Boggling Subject

  Hey guys, and this week has been a tough and uneasy week for me, finally something special to talk about on my channel, but definitely not a good thing in my life. There is a term in the game Poker called, "On Tilt" which means a state of mental or emotional confusion or frustration in which a player adopts a less than optimal strategy, usually resulting in the player becoming over-aggressive. This process can not only exist in Poker, but in everything we do, like sports, piano, video games and even my studies. 
  Im being going through tilt for almost the entire week, it all started with one tilt, ADD MATHS. Probably the only subject which I struggle to understand and follow up, or even have trouble with. The rest of the subjects I can catch up and digest after a few days, even if I have confusion or difficulty on a topic. Add Maths push me to my limits, when I was still behind on homework, due to lack of understandings, majority of the class moved on to a new topic. I now I have all the time at home to do my homework, but neither does my sister know or remember about the topic, so I had no choice but to wait until I get to school to ask teacher, but I could only ask question from the past topic during tutorial, which is only once a week. But since they have started a new topic, Im even more behind. This made me mad and confused on whether to continue with the others, or focus on recovering and trying to catch up from behind. So it was pretty emotional for me, when I was struggling back there, while the others had fun, laughed, and had a jolly good time, while I didnt. But I just need to tell myself, Im not the only one who is left behind, and I can always recover next time. So that was the first tilt.
  Secondly, during Hip Hop, we had our first official training for 2 dance styles, Break-dancing or Whacking.
Break-dancing is more for the boys, power moves and stunts; Whacking is for any gender really, but more feminine, its more on speed and quick limbs and flexibility, or something like that. So since Break-Dancing is more stunts and dangerous, all the girls didnt dare to take it, for they dont want to look rough and weird. I took break-dancing because I thought it was cool and I would go for the guy thing more, and see if I could actually do those extreme power moves. The first thing we had to learn, was over first power move- Windmill. It was a combination of 3 other moves: Turtle Freeze, Chair Freeze, and Shoulder Freeze. Its from stage to stage, first you do Turtle, then Chair, then Shoulder, and finally the Windmill. Many actually got to the last level and tried to do the Windmill, but some was stuck at Shoulder freeze. Very few people were still stuck at Turtle Freeze, pretty embarrassing right? I was in that group. The same thing with Add Maths, I thought if i got the hang of it, I could eventually master it, and move on, but since I keep failing and see people climb up faster than me, I began to start another tilt, leading me into rage and frustration. And I was stuck in Turtle freeze until the end of the class. I felt like crap after that, but I had a very fun egg fall test in Physics, and that cheered me up.
 Other things like tennis and piano also gave me mini tilts, which was very unfortunate and unwanted process that I knew I needed to avoid, but just psychological happens to me. After re-thinking and typing my experience of my tilts on this post, it made me more relaxed. I wish Im not going to go through this process this week, and I could be a more positive and relaxed teenager after this post, this is not only about me, this is for anyone going on tilt. As always, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment